Shredded Zucchini Salad

Once I have a bowl full of shredded zucchini in the fridge I am more motivated to use it. After all, it's already all shredded up and waiting to be used. 


So I know it's not earth-shattering to put zucchini on a salad, but have you tried shredded zucchini?  It a totally different texture and I can almost trick myself into thinking that it is cheese. In my opinion good cheeses are the only redeeming part of a salad, so when I was out of cheese I almost didn't bother making one, but then I saw this shredded up stuff and gave it a try. This salad had mixed greens (from the garden), hard boiled egg, yellow bell pepper, snap peas (also from the garden!), shredded zucchini and grilled chicken (and later ranch dressing). Lean, mean and green, and a great way to watch that shredded zucchini disappear a handful at a time.


See you tomorrow for Zucchini Brownies!
-Haley

Comments

Popular Posts